- High potency: 10 billion cfu (colony forming units) of Bifidobacterium longum BB536 per capsule
- Superior shelf stability when compared to other species of Bifidobacterium
- BB536 one of the most studied species in the world
- Resistance to GI acidity allows it to reach large intestine12
- Stable at room temperature. Refrigeration not required.
- Suitable for vegetarians/vegans
Probiotic-Pro BB536 is a high potency probiotic, containing 10 billion cfu (colony forming units) per capsule of the species Bifidobacterium longum BB536, one of the most researched in the world. It is a proprietary strain which has a shelf life remarkably longer and more stable than other probiotic supplements, demonstrating a lower rate of loss than other strains of Bifidobacterium exposed to multiple different temperatures.1
Isolated from healthy human gastrointestinal (GI) tracts, Bifidobacterium has long been recognized to be a beneficial genus, constituting over 90% of total GI bacteria in breast-fed infants.2 It has been shown to have multiple immunomodulating effects, such as increasing the production of secretory IgA and activity of both NK cells and neutrophils, as well as balancing Th1 and Th2 immune activity.3,4,5 It also has been shown to enhance mucosal barrier function in patients with ulcerative colitis, partly by upregulating tight junction molecules.6 In clinical trials, supplementation with BB536 has been shown to reduce allergic symptoms, decrease influenza infection, lower serum cholesterol levels, normalize elimination frequency, reduce pathogenic bacterial populations, and improve symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease.7-11